“We must oppose Tory austerity; support public ownership; a Green New Deal; a peace-oriented, independent foreign policy and fight rising poverty and racism.”
By Gemma Bolton
I’m standing for re-election to Labour’s NEC to continue to fight for a socialist and democratic party which upholds the rulebook, decisions of its annual conference, and puts members and working people at its core.
To win, Labour must fight for a socialist policy agenda in opposition to Conservative attacks on our jobs, health, shared values and living standards. We must oppose Tory austerity; support public ownership; a Green New Deal; a peace-oriented, independent foreign policy and fight rising poverty and racism.
As an NEC member I have:
- Worked to create new democratic Student and BAME structures
- Produced detailed written reports of NEC meetings
- Voted to return the whip to Jeremy Corbyn
- Campaigned for the publication of the Forde Report
- Opposed unfair proscriptions and expulsions
- Opposed rule changes that weaken members’ rights
I have fought for democracy and a greater voice for grassroots members at all levels of our party, including on the South East Regional Executive, Women’s Conference Arrangements Committee, and as co-Chair of the Campaign for Labour Party Democracy (CLPD).
I’m proudly endorsed by the Centre-Left Grassroots Alliance (CLGA) including CLPD and Momentum. Please support the other CLGA endorsed candidates.
- Gemma Bolton is standing for re-election as a members’ representative on Labour’s National Executive Committee (NEC).
- CLPs have until 17th June to nominate NEC candidates – to do this you will need their membership number. Gemma Bolton’s membership number is L1405940.
- Please show your support for her campaign by following her on Facebook and twitter.